Quick test to determine the pH values in freshwater aquariums in the range 6.0-7.6
- Controls the water values in aquariums simply and reliably. Determines the ideal pH value for freshwater aquariums
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colouring: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagents to another cuvette, place both cuvettes in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new aquarium: daily for one week, afterwards weekly
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, pH Test 6.0-7.6 for approx. 80 measurements. Incl. reagent, 2 glass vials with screw cap, syringe, dosing spoon, comparator block and colour scale. Refill reagent available separately
Healthy aquariums with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
The well-being of the aquarium dwellers and the growth of aquatic plants depend to a large extent on the pH level being kept as constant as possible. The pH level can also affect many substances dissolved in the water. Fluctuations in the pH level are definitely to be avoided.
JBL Online Laboratory
Regular control for a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature. Enter your water values into the JBL Online Laboratory and get a in-depth analysis of your values within seconds.
Recommended pH values:
Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 6.5-7.5
Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 7.8-9.2
Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): 6.0-7.0
Marine aquarium: 7.9-8.5