Plant fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Primary care for water plants: basis fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Vigorous plant growth, no deficiency symptoms thanks to minerals such as iron, potassium and other trace elements
- For intensive leaf colouring thanks to its ideal concentration and compound of iron
- Optimal promotion of plant growth means less algae growth. No phosphates and nitrates. Not harmful to crayfish and shrimps
- Contents: 1 bottle Ferropol. To use: 10 ml/40 l water. Environmentally friendly refill bag available
Nutrition for aquarium plants
Healthy plants prevent algae growth. Healthy plants prevent algae growth, supply oxygen, remove pollutants, offer hiding places and reduce pathogens.
Heatlhy plants = healthy fish
For the plants to flourish the the following demands have to be met:
Light as an energy source for CO2 photosynthesis, nutrients and trace elements as growth promoters.
JBL fertilisers supply the plants with all main nutrients and essential trace elements. This way the plants can absorb all the required nutrients they need over the leaves and roots, and deficiency symptoms (e.g. iron deficiency) are thus prevented.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Why has my Ferropol turned from olive green or yellow to brown?
The colouring of Ferropol depends on the pH value. During production Ferropol is set to a pH of 4.5. Then the colour is olive green. During longer storage and especially when the bottle has been opened, oxygen from the air gradually penetrates the fertiliser, the pH rises and changes the colour towards a brown tone.
This has no influence on the effectiveness of the fertiliser and its ingredients. You can safely continue to use it.
UVC light degrades the chelators in the fertilizers, which prevent the precipitation of trace elements such as iron, among others. Therefore, when using a UVC water clarifier, it is advisable to change over to daily fertilisation. The standard dose needs to be converted into a daily dose at the beginning. It may also be necessary to increase the fertiliser dose slightly. Iron should be detectable in traces at least prior to each subsequent application of fertiliser. Vitamins and other higher grade organic compounds may likewise be broken down. Therefore, when using vitamins, it is advisable to add the fertilizer with the food twice a week.
The bottle of JBL Ferropol is not worthless. Please shake the bottle prior to using the fertilizer and apply it the same way you did in the past.
Our fertilizer has a relatively high concentration, so that individual nutrient salts may form crystals in exceptional cases. As soon as they are in the tank water, they dissolve again and are then as effective as before. The chelated fertilizer components are not affected by this.
Generally, one should never change plant fertilizers abruptly. The fertilizers from different manufacturers have somewhat different compositions in terms of trace elements. This may cause temporary nutrient changes. It is best to change over in 3 steps:
1) Reduction of the old fertilizer by 1/3; replace this with 1/3 of the new fertilizer. Wait approx. 3-4 weeks and observe the reaction of the plants.
2) Reduction of the old fertilizer by 2/3; replace this with 2/3 of the new fertilizer. Wait approx. 3-4 weeks and observe the reaction of the plants.
3) Complete discontinuation of the old fertilizer and change-over to the new fertilizer.
It is important to observe the reaction of plant growth and, in addition, to check the iron content of the water at least 2x weekly. Whereas the value should never drop to 0, it should never exceed 0.2 mg/l if possible. However, short peaks are no cause for concern.
These measures should generally be carried out on a weekly basis, ideally right after a water change. This achieves better results than fertilizing in large doses at longer intervals.
Yes, that will be helpful and may even be advisable, depending on the plants in the aquarium.
The JBL 7 pellets are primarily intended for root feeding plants and supply the plants with nutrients via their roots. Using JBL Ferropol to fertilise via the water column is generally advisable, as all plants (the stem plants more than the root feeders) also absorb nutrients through their leaves.